Process, Meeting Agenda, Timelines
Entreprenuers in Small Firms
in Large Firms
Purpose, vision, opportunities meeting
At this meeting, the strategic planning team makes its assessment and identifies
various opportunities (strategic options) to get the job done. The next chapter, Synthesis
to Options, describes several tools and methods to use.
The team, folks the invite to present information, usually off-site.
Agenda (usually over two days )
- Big picture (and corporate objectives)
- External environment conclusions
- Internal environment conclusions
- Validate the firm's purpose (mission) and the vision
- Prioritize the conclusions (SWOT)
- Debate the SWOT considering your future customers
- Identify and debate strategic options - the goals
- Assign responsibility to develop the detail of the options
A robust set of options, goals and sufficient debate to examine the
options in detail.
The Market Assessment
Assess the Options